Friday, May 8, 2009

37 week picture (a little late)

Here's my 37 week belly shot:
I've been too tired at night (the only chance I have to do a blog post) to upload this and write a new post! This week has been very tiring, and it seems that the exhaustion just hit suddenly once I turned 37 weeks. My OB appointment went well and everything is still right on target. I don't think the baby has dropped yet, so I'm not expecting labor to start any minute, but I know it could be just a matter of days away too! We got all of the baby things out of storage, I've washed all the clothes, and pretty much everything here is ready. I still haven't packed my hospital bag, but that's my goal for this weekend. :)

I'm very much looking forward to Mother's Day this weekend! Last year was my first Mother's Day and we were visiting my family in Texas, so we weren't able to go to our own church and celebrate at home. This year we're home (since I don't want to be too far from here at this stage!) and I'm really looking forward to my first Mother's Day at our own church. During the two and a half years we were trying to get pregnant, we skipped church on Mother's Day. That was such a hard day for me and even remembering that pain now brings it back in a fresh way. I'm praying this weekend for all the women out there who are struggling through the pain of not being able to get pregnant, or who have experienced a loss. I now have such joy as I celebrate having my precious son in my life, and as I anticipate the birth of my second son. But I think I'll always have a special place in my heart for those who are hurting on this weekend.

Here's a family picture my dad took (he was here for two days this week) at Lilacia Park in Lombard, IL yesterday. It's one of my favorite places to go in May! So gorgeous. If you want to see a ton more pictures, I have an album of them on my Facebook page. Ask me for a link if you aren't on Facebook. :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I don't know what my deal is but I got all teary eyed for you and how much this Sunday will mean for you being able to stand up at church. :) Enjoy it, mommy!

amy smitherman said...

I do hope you had a sweet Mother's Day Andrea! I am thinking of you during these last weeks. You are up next on our pregnant friends lineup :) You look great!! Hang in there!