Dylan had his weight check on Wednesday this week, and he was up to 16 lbs, 2 oz! So he gained 12 oz in two weeks. :) The pediatrician was very pleased and said it's rare to see growth like that outside of the first month or two! I think he had a little growth spurt right after I was in for his three month appointment, because he was nursing very frequently for the next two or three days. I'm guessing that's what happened, and that made him gain so much weight.
Steve and I got to a point this past Sunday where we couldn't handle Dylan not sleeping in his bed anymore, so we decided to start his sleep training right then and there! On Tuesday I finally got one or two successes. Wednesday was the same, then yesterday he took three naps in his bed! Woo hoo! He will even go down fairly easily for at least one of those naps each day. Such a dramatic improvement in less than one week! I have felt the weight lifting from my shoulders (almost literally, as I don't have to hold Dylan while he sleeps anymore!), and it has really brightened my mood. :) We still have a little more work to do, but I'm very thankful for the progress he's making!
Last night I think I heard one little chuckle out of Dylan! He really needed a fourth nap yesterday, but wouldn't give in, so he had gotten a bit hysterical with his crying by bedtime. I was getting him ready for bed and making fun of the noises he had been making a few minutes before, and he thought it was funny! We grabbed the camera to get a video, and he didn't laugh, but we got plenty of cute baby happy noises. Enjoy!
Five Minute Friday: Thrill
11 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment