Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dylan's 3 month checkup

I took Dylan to his 3 month checkup today. Here are his stats: he weighed 15 lbs, 6 oz (90%), was 25 3/4 in (95%) tall, and his head circumference was 16 1/2 in (50-75%). Everything looked great, but he only gained 6 oz since his last visit. I was surprised by this since he gained over 2 lbs between months 1 and 2! His Dr. didn't think it was a big deal, but wants to see him back in two weeks for a weight check just to make sure. She said that he'd had big growth spurts the first two months, and it's possible that he's just settling into his "real" growth curve now. She also noticed how active he was (kicking his legs and moving his arms vigorously), and when I told her that he is that active most of the day, she said he could just be burning off all his calories! So I'm going to focus on his feedings to make sure he's nursing long enough, and hopefully he'll still be on track in two weeks.

I was wondering if he might still be hungry tonight after his last feeding, so I thought I'd offer him some more milk in a bottle to see if he would take it. He hasn't had a bottle at all yet, so I didn't know if he would even drink from it. I defrosted 3 ounces of frozen milk, and WOW, he took right to that bottle! So either he was really hungry still, or he was excited about how easy it was to get milk from a bottle. :) I'm so glad to know that he'll take a bottle! But now I'm slightly worried that my supply isn't sufficient...I guess we'll see.

No comments: