Sunday, August 2, 2009

Micah's ever-increasing vocabulary

Micah has been working on words since February, and he had a huge burst of new ones from then through early May. It seemed like he took a little break in May and June, but was back at it again in full force for July. I wanted to post some of the cute and funny things he's saying now. :) He's been wanting to repeat almost any word after we say it lately, so that's leading to the current vocab explosion. It's so much fun!

He was saying cup before, but now he's added an "f" to the end - as in "cupf." I think he realized that the "p" sound is a very hard sound, so he needed to add another sound to the end of the word to make himself sound like how we sounded. It always makes me smile when I hear him say this, because I can't help but think how smart he must be to hear the little nuances in how we say the word cup! (And it just sounds cute too.)

He talks about our cars by saying "Micah's car." It sounds like "ee-ka-cah."

-high chair (ha-chee)
-frisbee (bi-bby)
-cantaloupe (ka-co-copf)
-apricot (a-ki-cot) - he says this one very deliberately to get each syllable just so!
-get up - he also says this one very deliberately, pronouncing the "t" fully before saying "up"
-Tim (Steve's brother...uncle Tim. Micah says, "Timmmmmm!")
-home
-big step
-gate
-gentle
-happy
-ouch
-swing
-paddle boat
-shuffle board
-peek a boo
-I know

In the last two days he's been stringing three words together for these two phrases:
-there you go (something like "ay-go-go")
-Go, Cubs, go! (go cubuh go) - this one is SO cute - how he says "cubuh"! Love it!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So cute! I can't wait to hear it all in person, and hear what Kate and Micah have to say to each other!