Friday, November 21, 2008

Playing at the pool

This morning Micah and I joined some playgroup friends at a local kids' pool. (Indoor of course...it's so stinkin' cold here today!) Micah hasn't ever been to a pool before, so I wasn't sure how he'd like it. We went to a sprinkler park over the summer, which he didn't enjoy much, but he was really too young. We just haven't had the opportunity to go to a pool since. So I decided to pack up and go, figuring we could always leave if it was a disaster. But he loved it! I took my time getting him into the water slowly, which went well. The water was 1 foot deep or less, so that was nice. They had a small little slide that I let him go down the last foot of, some fountains that bubbled up, and a water table type thing that they could play at. The hardest part for him was that he wanted to crawl around, but the bottom of the pool was really rough, so he'd put his knee down, then lift it up like, "Mom, why does it hurt to crawl?" He liked the bubbling fountains (though he was scared of them at first) and stuck his hands in them. There was a section of the pool that was 3 feet deep, so at one point I got in with him and held him in the deeper water. He did so great! He seemed to really love the water - bouncing around in it with me. So overall I'd say this morning was a success! I had so much fun with my sweet little boy today. :) He's totally konked out now...another benefit to some good AM playtime!

No comments: