Monday, September 1, 2008

A Shout-out to Hawthorne Mall

Steve, Micah, and I all went to Hawthorne Mall (in Vernon Hills) on Saturday, and I was so impressed! Not with the stores, necessarily, since we've been there many times before, but with the kids' play area and the adjacent family bathroom area! It's amazing the things you notice when you're a parent that you'd never pay attention to before... The kids' area was fun, though Micah was really too young for it. But he still crawled around and pulled himself up on some of the little creatures. Everything was soft and padded, so I wasn't worried about him falling. He seemed to enjoy himself! After playing, we needed to change his diaper, so we went to the family room area. It was huge, and full of wonderful things for parents! They had multiple diaper changing stations along one whole wall, a large bathroom (with locking door) with both a regular and small kids' toilet, a sitting area with a tv, a vending machine full of baby/toddler essentials (if you forgot something at home), and 3-4 walled-in/curtained off areas with nice chairs and lamps (where I nursed Micah in comfort and privacy)! I was SO impressed with all of this. It really made our experience so much better, and definitely made me want to go back again!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds really cool - let's go there when I come!