Micah went to the pediatrician yesterday for his 18 month well visit. His Dr. said it's always one of the hardest visits because the kids realize where they are and don't want any part of being examined. That was definitely the case with Micah! :) He did pretty well in spite of it all, but his favorite part was when she wanted to see him walk, so she let him take off down the hallway. Of course after that taste of freedom, he had a complete meltdown the rest of the appointment! Oh well. :)
He's up to 32 in tall (50%), 29 lbs 4 oz (75-90%), and his head circumference is 19.5 in (90%). She was very pleased with his growth and said it's great that he's been on the same growth curves in all three areas since he was 9 months old. I was curious to see what types of questions she would ask about behavioral accomplishments, etc. He seems to be right on track with all the things he's doing. She asked if he had any words yet, and I said, "He says a bunch of words!" She asked if I had a rough number for how many, and since I've been writing them all down, I said, "40 to 50." She said that was exceptional for his age! I didn't know how many words an average 18 month old could say, so I had assumed that he was just doing what they all did at this age. But wow! He was behind the norm by a couple months in almost every physical milestone along the way, so it's kind of fun to be ahead with the words. :) The Dr. said we should get him some books with big letters of the alphabet, since she thinks he will learn the alphabet quickly.
It's been such a privilege to watch Micah grow and accomplish new things over the last year and a half. It makes me really look forward to watching his brother do the same! I'm amazed at how the Lord created children to enter the world as tiny, helpless babies and that within the first couple of years they grow, learn, and develop quickly into amazing little people!
Five Minute Friday: Thrill
11 months ago
1 comment:
Way to go Micah! Pretty soon he'll be saying "I'm going down to check on the furnace system."!!!
Post a Comment